Delicious, decadent dessert perfect for entertaining guests! Prep it the night before to save time!
PREP TIME: 3 hours 40 minutes
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons white sugar (divided)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup Jeptha Creed Blueberry Flavored Vodka (divided)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Soak blueberries in 1 cup of Blueberry vodka for 1 hour or overnight. Drain blueberries from the vodka.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream and ¼ cup blueberry vodka into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream mixture from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into the top pan of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Add the vodka-soaked blueberries and stir, careful not to break the blueberries. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish or into 6 4 1/2 oz ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar. Sift this mixture evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again. Serve chilled.
Choose a Spirit Below to See Similar Recipes